Skip to main content

A Red Letter Day


In the world of false alarm reduction, one of the most common tools used is the printed word.  This can be in many forms, whether it is a brochure, an invoice, or an informational letter.  We send out hundreds of letters on a daily basis. Fortunately, CryWolf ® automates much of this for us. Occasionally, we want to accent certain parts of a letter by changing the font size, the print color, or even adding bullet points. Before I discovered that this was possible within CryWolf®, I was creating the letters in Microsoft Word® and then copying it into CryWolf®.  The discovery of these features within the program itself made creating and editing letters that much easier.

If you weren't aware that this was possible, let me show you how easy it is to accomplish. To access these features, go to the maintenance section. Once in Maintenance, choose “Add/Edit” Letters from the Forms menu.
Choose the letter that you wish to edit from the pulldown menu.
Then go to the Letter Body tab (circled in red).
Highlight the text that you wish to emphasize, and right click your mouse. This opens up a pop-up that gives several options. Be sure to check out all of these options.  For example, the Dialogs Options provides Text, Paragraph, and Formatting changes. There are also Tables and Image options. 
Today, we are going to focus changing the color of text by choosing the “Color” option, but try out the other features when you have a chance.
This opens the Color pop up window. Simply choose the color and click the “OK” button.
I also made the text bold to make it stand out more.
Save the changes, and you are finished. Have fun playing with these features!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen of the Dairy

Did you know that the Dairy Queen Blizzard turned 25 last year?  I remember when the Blizzard was introduced which makes me officially...old.  Anyway, there was no Dairy Queen in the town where I grew up but there was one where my great grandfather lived.  Do you remember when a trip longer than 15 minutes lasted fuh evah?  When I was little, the 65 minute drive to my great grandfather's small town felt like an eternity.  Maybe it felt so long  because  I was hoping for that extremely rare occurrence of a stop at the Dairy Queen.  My parents were teachers  and the budget was always tight, but occasionally we would stop at DQ and we could get a small cone.  We never got to choose--it was always just that small vanilla cone, but it was a treat nonetheless. Once I was able to drive and had a job, those stops at DQ were almost mandatory when I ventured on my own to my grandparents house.  I probably tried something different each time-...

Ferret Friday #13-Property Ferret

This semester, I have been enjoying the Property book selected by our professor. The book was written by John G. Sprankling and Raymond R. Coletta, and I have found the book to be very approachable. I have really enjoyed the interactive elements that make the book quite engaging. The authors seem to have a sense of humor as this line from the preface indicates: "As authors, we own any errors in the text, at least until someone with better title comes along." Instead of making the study of law as painful as possible with archaic language and cases that are difficult to fathom, the authors seem to have sifted through related cases until they found the most interesting ones to illustrate the rules. With many text books this year, I have spent much time flipping through a legal dictionary just to decipher the lesson. So far, that is not the case with this book; the authors have used language that is easy to follow. I am not saying that important legal terms have been left out ...

Can we Talk about Packaging?

     Today, many people (myself included) use ancient chain maille armor techniques to create jewelry. Basically, artisans take small rings made of wire and weave them together in intricate designs. In this way, the ancient weaves are re-imagined for a modern audience. Samples of my work Zili Kit      Although some people take raw wire and create their own rings, many rely on retailers for their needs. From that need, a growing cottage industry has sprung up to supply makers with kits that include all of the rings and instructions for a design. Most of these businesses use very simple packaging for their products. Zipper seal bags with simple printed labels are very common. HyperLynks kit      For companies that are a little larger, heat seal plastic tubing becomes the most common form of packaging. There is one operation that packages per order so that the rings come in a long, unlabeled, sausage-like strip of tubing with a he...