Skip to main content

Default doesn't mean Permanent

My unit has been around for a number of years, so rarely do we create a new alarm company account as a result of receiving an unsolicited registration form.  These days, new alarm company accounts usually result from a citizen registering their alarm system and reporting an alarm company that is not in our database. Of course, we aren’t going to let that alarm company do business in our county without being registered, so we create an account for the company and place it in pending status until they return all of the required forms.  Occasionally, I have been bothered by the fact that the status for a new alarm company account defaulted to "Registered" status and had to be manually changed to "Pending".  It made more sense to me that the default status should be "Pending".
Tonight, I had a few minutes to investigate for a solution. While using CryWolf®, I have found solutions to be available if I take the time to look for them.  If you have ever wanted to change the default status of an account, this is your lucky day. 
For alarm company registrations, under the General tab in Maintenance choose "Alarm Company Related Settings".
On the "Default Status/Person Type" tab, simply choose the status that you would like to be the default. 

For customer account registrations, under the General tab choose "Account Related Settings".
On the "Default Location/Status/Person Related" tab, simply choose the default status of choice.  This tab is also where you can choose the Default Location Type for new registrations. 
I was also happy to see that I could choose the Default Phone captions on this tab as well. In our area at least, many homes no longer have a home land line so it made sense for our unit to switch to a priority list (Phone 1, Phone 2...) instead of a list of number types such as Work and Home.
Of course, the pull down menus on these tabs will only include the options that have been set up for your jurisdiction. Adding different options will be a discussion for another day.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen of the Dairy

Did you know that the Dairy Queen Blizzard turned 25 last year?  I remember when the Blizzard was introduced which makes me officially...old.  Anyway, there was no Dairy Queen in the town where I grew up but there was one where my great grandfather lived.  Do you remember when a trip longer than 15 minutes lasted fuh evah?  When I was little, the 65 minute drive to my great grandfather's small town felt like an eternity.  Maybe it felt so long  because  I was hoping for that extremely rare occurrence of a stop at the Dairy Queen.  My parents were teachers  and the budget was always tight, but occasionally we would stop at DQ and we could get a small cone.  We never got to choose--it was always just that small vanilla cone, but it was a treat nonetheless. Once I was able to drive and had a job, those stops at DQ were almost mandatory when I ventured on my own to my grandparents house.  I probably tried something different each time-...

Ferret Friday #13-Property Ferret

This semester, I have been enjoying the Property book selected by our professor. The book was written by John G. Sprankling and Raymond R. Coletta, and I have found the book to be very approachable. I have really enjoyed the interactive elements that make the book quite engaging. The authors seem to have a sense of humor as this line from the preface indicates: "As authors, we own any errors in the text, at least until someone with better title comes along." Instead of making the study of law as painful as possible with archaic language and cases that are difficult to fathom, the authors seem to have sifted through related cases until they found the most interesting ones to illustrate the rules. With many text books this year, I have spent much time flipping through a legal dictionary just to decipher the lesson. So far, that is not the case with this book; the authors have used language that is easy to follow. I am not saying that important legal terms have been left out ...

Can we Talk about Packaging?

     Today, many people (myself included) use ancient chain maille armor techniques to create jewelry. Basically, artisans take small rings made of wire and weave them together in intricate designs. In this way, the ancient weaves are re-imagined for a modern audience. Samples of my work Zili Kit      Although some people take raw wire and create their own rings, many rely on retailers for their needs. From that need, a growing cottage industry has sprung up to supply makers with kits that include all of the rings and instructions for a design. Most of these businesses use very simple packaging for their products. Zipper seal bags with simple printed labels are very common. HyperLynks kit      For companies that are a little larger, heat seal plastic tubing becomes the most common form of packaging. There is one operation that packages per order so that the rings come in a long, unlabeled, sausage-like strip of tubing with a he...