Skip to main content

CryWolf® Hints

I have already outed myself as a supervisor of a false alarm reduction unit. One of the tools that many jurisdictions use to make their lives easier is some kind of database and billing solution.  The system we use is known as CryWolf® by Public Safety Corporation.  As easy as this program is to use, it is also very complex and can take years to fully understand and utilize.  Occasionally, I will feature little hints or things that I have discovered that will help others who use this program.  I guess I need to toss out a few disclaimers as well.  I am not being paid by Public Safety Corporation to do this, and my jurisdiction is not receiving any benefits either.  Also, we utilize the newer .net version so my hints may not be helpful to those using the older version. Now that all of the niceties are out of the way, let's get on to the hint.
The other day, I was running some reports for a neighboring town and I wanted information from several years back.  Normally, on the little calendar pop up, I just use the back and forth arrows.  Today, I thought that it would be so nice if you could choose the year that you wanted instead of having to go back month by month for several years.  For some reason, I clicked on the year and a scroll down menu appeared to let me select the proper year. 

Well that was exciting, but I was even more excited when I clicked on the month and a list of months appeared so that the proper month could be selected. 

This is such a time saver and I hope that others will find it useful as well.
For those of you who already know this, be patient there will be more tips soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Queen of the Dairy

Did you know that the Dairy Queen Blizzard turned 25 last year?  I remember when the Blizzard was introduced which makes me officially...old.  Anyway, there was no Dairy Queen in the town where I grew up but there was one where my great grandfather lived.  Do you remember when a trip longer than 15 minutes lasted fuh evah?  When I was little, the 65 minute drive to my great grandfather's small town felt like an eternity.  Maybe it felt so long  because  I was hoping for that extremely rare occurrence of a stop at the Dairy Queen.  My parents were teachers  and the budget was always tight, but occasionally we would stop at DQ and we could get a small cone.  We never got to choose--it was always just that small vanilla cone, but it was a treat nonetheless. Once I was able to drive and had a job, those stops at DQ were almost mandatory when I ventured on my own to my grandparents house.  I probably tried something different each time-...

Ferret Friday #13-Property Ferret

This semester, I have been enjoying the Property book selected by our professor. The book was written by John G. Sprankling and Raymond R. Coletta, and I have found the book to be very approachable. I have really enjoyed the interactive elements that make the book quite engaging. The authors seem to have a sense of humor as this line from the preface indicates: "As authors, we own any errors in the text, at least until someone with better title comes along." Instead of making the study of law as painful as possible with archaic language and cases that are difficult to fathom, the authors seem to have sifted through related cases until they found the most interesting ones to illustrate the rules. With many text books this year, I have spent much time flipping through a legal dictionary just to decipher the lesson. So far, that is not the case with this book; the authors have used language that is easy to follow. I am not saying that important legal terms have been left out ...

Emailing invoices

After a recent update to the .Net version of CryWolf®, I noticed what I believe is a new option to send  invoices and account histories by email while in the history of an account.  Before noticing this option, my staff was opening the history, clicking on the invoice, saving it as a pdf file, and then attaching the file to an email.  Now, a simple right click on the invoice number opens the options window where it is possible to send a pdf of the invoice directly to the email addresses on file in the account.  Simply click on the option  and slide over to the right to select an email address.  As can be seen in the sample, the account holder's address appears on top and the responsible party's  email address is below.  It is also possible to send the item to an email address not on the account by choosing the "Other Email" option.  After clicking the selection, a "Quick Email window" opens and a subject line and message may be added...